Just wanted to verify: I don't work for, or endorse, any store or company I talk about in my blog posts. I don't get paid for writing, I just do it because I want to.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Nothing special

I was surprised today when I wasn't asked to go out sourcing at all, as it is normally one of my daily tasks.  But later in the afternoon, a couple of my coworkers decided to go around the district just to check into some stores and see what's out there.  I shamelessly asked to come along and they said yes, of course.  

So we headed out into the chaos and decided to stop at M&J Trimming on 6th avenue between 38th and 37th. We walked in and split up.  I browsed through the shiny trims in the front of the store but found myself standing next to the wall of embellished patches and decided that would be my subject today.  I would probably have to say that they easily have the best selection of beaded patches out of any store I've been to.  Generally speaking, the low end of the price range for these patches is about $10-$15, which is standard for any trim store.  Over the past few weeks, I've had to go out several times to look for these same embellished patches, which are actually pretty easy to find because they're trendy right now.  I mostly was asked to find things with studding and sequins, and I was very lucky to be able to find some variety of them at most every trim store I went to.  TrimArt on 38th street gave me the best selection.  They have tons of cool patches on the right side of the store, and they have some really cool neck pieces displayed on a board above the cash register.  The price range here is about $10-$30.  Some of the smaller trim stores gave me an alright selection, namely iTrim on 38th street.  They have a lot of really great neck pieces for about $10 a pop, not to mention some very elaborate beaded floral patches.  I absolutely love these really small, adorable sequin bows that are $4 a piece.  I'm looking forward to buying a few and sticking them on some headbands, sandals, shirts... they go with whatever.

What: embellished patches and neck pieces
Where: M&J TrimmingTrimArtiTrim
How much: $10 and up

No comments:

Post a Comment