Just wanted to verify: I don't work for, or endorse, any store or company I talk about in my blog posts. I don't get paid for writing, I just do it because I want to.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Not much

So I didn't really have to do a whole lot of sourcing today.  I was asked to go to a new trim store to see if I could find some silver neck pieces.  I had passed Trims de Carnival, on 38th street between 5th and 6th, a couple of times on my way to 5th avenue, but I had never stopped there because the window display is so gaudy.  The store itself is pretty narrow and filled almost to the brim with products.  And, while I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, I would definitely go back.  They have a really good selection of fancier trims and loose sequins and beads.

I was also asked to find some matte sequin trim.  I knew that finding sequin trim would be pretty easy to find since it's a pretty basic thing in the trim world.  I walked around to a few trim places but was met with only shiny sequin trim.  I knew that TrimArt would have what I was looking for so I headed over there and was right.  They have several different widths of matte sequin trim in silver and in gold; with square sequins.  I didn't see any with regular round sequins, but luckily the square ones are what I needed.  It was only $2.50 a yard which is a pretty decent price for anything with sequins or beads on it.  I bought 15 yards and headed back.

No comments:

Post a Comment